- Airway Orthodontics
- Why Walker Orthodontics?
Orthodontists do more than cosmetic work. They also improve the look of your smile and your overall oral health by straightening your teeth and aligning your bite. Crooked teeth, crowded teeth, overbites and underbites can all lead to tooth decay, gum disease, and even tooth loss. With these possibilities, finding an orthodontist near Fitchburg, MA that’s right for you is of the utmost importance.
Dr. John Walker and the team at Walker Orthodontics can help you get the perfect smile at an affordable cost. Our Fitchburg, MA, orthodontists are experienced in a wide range of orthodontic treatments to help our patients get a smile that is healthy, confident, and beautiful. Dr. Walker can correct any dental issue using appliance technologies such as braces, trays (also called aligners), retainers, and orthodontic headgear.
A recent breakthrough in orthodontic treatment is Invisalign aligners; clear, removable braces (or aligners) that are a comfortable, more attractive option to metal braces. Walker Orthodontics has helped hundreds of patients near Fitchburg, MA, improve their smiles with Invisalign.
Children and teens are not the only patients who can benefit from orthodontic treatment. According to the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), one-in-five orthodontic patients is an adult typically ranging in age from 26 to 44.
Orthodontists complete four years of dental school and then continue their education with two-to-three years of focused study. Dr. Walker and Walker Orthodontics are specialists in the field of orthodontics, and they perform advanced orthodontic procedures that general dentists simply don’t have the education or experience with.
Many Fitchburg orthodontists promote their professional affiliations on their websites, business cards, or on their office walls. Feel free to ask the receptionist, office manager, or doctor for their certification verification. Professional orthodontists are certified by the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) or the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO). Choose an orthodontist like the specialists at Walker Orthodontics near Fitchburg, MA.
Ask your general-care dentist, your primary care physician, or your child’s pediatrician for recommendations for orthodontists. Get advice from your family, coworkers and friends. Inquire about their personal experiences.
With a few tips like these, you can make the process a little bit easier.
• Do some research to learn more about orthodontics and common procedures, like the benefits of braces and Invisalign.
• Read some reviews about the orthodontists you have found to see what other patients have said about their experiences.
• Narrow your search to three orthodontists at a time and look online for more information about each of them.
• Make a list of questions you have before you consult with an orthodontist in person. Bring the list with you to make sure you cover each topic.
• Ask about the technology the orthodontist uses in their procedures.
o Do they use digital X-rays and paperless records?
o Do they offer the latest innovations in the field, including Invisalign? (Top orthodontists take the time and money to upgrade their practices to remain at the forefront of orthodontia.)
• Be sure you are comfortable with the orthodontist and the office staff. Orthodontics work is personal treatment. The right doctor is one that you trust and with whom you feel at ease while in the office.
• Commit yourself. Orthodontic procedures take time to be successful. Active orthodontic treatments may take up to 2 years or more. You may also need up to 2 years of follow-up visits.
• Ask about payment plans that may be available through your orthodontist.
• Talk with the orthodontist and your insurance provider to find out if braces, Invisalign or other orthodontic procedures are included in your dental insurance plan.
These tips will help you get one step closer to finding the right orthodontist for you and your family. Dr. Walker and the professional team at Walker Orthodontics offers friendly and caring service to every client near Fitchburg, MA. If you’re ready to begin orthodontic treatment, or to learn more about specific products or procedures, call us today at: (978) 345-7988.
The information provided in this article is not meant to be medical advice and is for educational purposes only. If you would like to learn more about this and other orthodontic-related topics, feel free to contact Walker Orthodontics, with convenient orthodontic offices in Harvard & Lunenburg, by calling 978.345.7988 or clicking here to request your complimentary, no-obligation Walker Orthodontics Smile Assessment.